Happy Birthday Kyle!

I love birthdays! Yes, I love my own birthday,but I love celebrating anyone's birthday! The cake and candles...presents and new things...the excitement of another year older...just all of it! I was excited to celebrate Kyle's birthday and make a cake that he had been wanting me to try. Let's just say, this is a cake that is going to stay in our family for generations to come...our future grandkids will probably think I came up with it all on my own when Kyle just ran across it on the internet. Nevertheless...we are making it at least once every fall and enjoying every piece of it.


I didn't have work the Monday before Kyle's birthday (Yay federal holidays!) so I stayed home during the day and made a yummy chicken casserole, homemade rolls, this birthday banner and his yummy cake in the background that I'll get to in a second! 


Yes, I got him numbered candles and sang to him, just the two of us in our apartment. Yay newlyweds.


Here is said cake. Isn't it beautiful? It's a Pumpkin Spice Dream Cake with Maple Frosting. What really does the trick with this cake is letting it sit in the fridge for a while before serving...that gives it a chance for the frosting to crystalize and the cake to get a bit moist making each bite dense and extra flavorful. We will have this for years to come, I'm sure of it. 


We also celebrated at one of our favorite Georgetown spots, Pizza Paradiso. This was a sausage and red onion sort of paradise. 


I came up with a scavenger hunt for this boy a while back and he did pretty well. We jumped from a mural in the National Archives to President Lincoln's hat in the American History Museum to the White House, ending at the Spy Museum which was an adventure alone. 


International Spy Museum. Probably not worth the money for entering, but good for a one time visit. They had everything from ways to hide information in clothing to actual spy gadgets that have been used. They had a floor that was dedicated to spy movies alone which was fun to look at. 


And here I am. I look like a Disney gopher. They had a vent you could crawl through and Kyle grabbed this gem of a picture on my way out. It was a fun day and great way to celebrate 29 years of life (in my opinion). Happy Birthday Kyle! So happy you are in my life and that we get to celebrate many more of these to come! 


A Little James Bond Kyle Action.

No comments :

Post a Comment